S.E.T. for socio-economic growth
New technologies have the potential to revolutionise manufacturing industries. What is realistically feasible for South Africa? What are the challenges to realising the rich potential of technologies? How does this fit into the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR)?
This event focuses on exploring how we as industry, government and academia, can revolutionise manufacturing industries for economic growth and for the good of South African society?
This NSTF Discussion Forum is in partnership with the NSTF proSET sector (Professionals in science, engineering and technology) and is taking place at the 2019 SA Innovation Summit.
- Day 1: Programme (11 September)
- Day 2: Programme (12 September)
- Day 3: Programme (13 September)
- Advert: SA Innovation Summit
- Speakers bios
- Media Release: SA’s advanced manufacturing industry takes charge
- Skills for advanced manufacturing and automation
- Proceedings and Recommendations
- Skills for advanced manufacturing and automation (by Electricity + Control)
- Opportunities in the 4IR space (by Electricity + Control)
- NSTF celebrates the Periodic Table (Mail & Guardian supplement, 11 October 2019)
- Cape Town Stadium (or Greenpoint Stadium)
- Parking: Cape Town Stadium (or Greenpoint Stadium)
- SA Innovation Summit
- Day 1: Opportunities for SA companies in the 4IR space
- Day 1: The importance of Materials Science in Advanced Manufacturing
- Day 1: The Future of Work
- Day 1: Customised medical applications of 3D printing
- Day 1: Microelectronics (in) Manufacturing
- Day 1: The role of an Industry Association in revolutionizing the South African Manufacturing Industry
- Day 2: Automation Education and Training
- Day 2: South African Manufacturing Industry 4IR Response
- Day 2: I2P: A Strategic Technology Catalyst for Community Intervention. Augmenting emerging technologies for South African FET schools curricula.
- Day 3: Critical Raw Materials in Southern Africa: Research from a CIMERA perspective
- Day 3: The Platinum Group Elements: Minerals to Metals and Beyond
- Day 3: The relevance of Rare earths To South Africa